Monday, August 30, 2010

First Blog

I have a journal. I write in it pretty regularly. I like writing with a pen on pages and seeing the book fill up. I love starting a brand-new journal. It's so helpful in getting my thoughts and feelings sorted out, and it's a safe place to vent anything and everything.

This is not my journal.

I used to have an online journal. I only let one or two people read the deep stuff. Most of it was about my day to day life. In high school. Honestly, not all that interesting. It's cool that I can go back and read about it if I want to, but it's really not the sort of thing anyone cares about reading.

I sometimes share notes on Facebook, but because it shows up on my friends' Newsfeed, I sometimes feel like I'm being overeager in sharing. I don't post all that often, so I didn't think it made sense to start a blog. But last night, as I was reading my Bible, I saw some really cool stuff that I hadn't noticed before. And I wanted to share it with someone, but it was late and I live alone and I needed to get to bed so I could wake up this morning and babysit. I remembered how this happened to me a few days ago when I was reading a book about Rebekah, and I thought it would be nice to have a place where I can continuously post thoughts.

So here it is. My blog.

I'm going to repost my FB note on Isaac to start off. For now, my goal is to use this blog to share thoughts that can spark dialogue. Honestly, I'll probably end up posting about myself, too, but I hope that I'll be discerning enough not to have too many boring, selfish posts.

Welcome to my blog. I hope this'll be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment